Early on the city hall was located next to the walking bridge. It served as the fire hall, city offices and city council chambers. All of this in two rooms, one being the garage for the city fire truck.
Today city hall is located at 1204 Front Street on the south end of the business district. The building has undergone several transformations over its lifetime. Once a car dealership, evidence of that is still visible, the building has been transformed into an energy efficient and nicely appointed place to house the center of government for the city.
The building houses the Mayor’s office, city clerk’s office, city judge’s chambers, city council chambers as well as the city police department. People who have special needs will find the new handicap accessible doors and restrooms a nice addition.